Off-license and host responsibility policy
HOST RESPONSIBILITY POLICY- OFF LICENCE
We operate within the requirements of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 (the Act). The following steps will be taken to minimise the harm from alcohol and promote a safe environment. Our policy is to serve you in a friendly, responsible and professional manner.
WE WILL PREVENT THE SALE OF ALCOHOL TO MINORS
· It is against the law to serve alcohol to minors (under 18).
· Signage will be displayed in the cellar door area stating that minors will not be served.
· Our cellar door area is designated as a supervised area. Anyone appearing to be under 25 years of age will be asked to show proof of age before being sold alcohol.
· Acceptable forms of proof of age are a current NZ photo driver’s licence, a current passport, or a HANZ 18+ card.
· NO ID NO SERVICE NO EXCEPTIONS
· When arriving at the section of our website where you can buy beer buying beer users will receive a warning that they must be 18 years of age or older in order to access the page.
· Buyers will also be asked to confirm that they are over 18 years of age immediately before the sale is completed.
· Buyers will be advised that proof of age may be required before beer can be delivered.
WE WILL PREVENT THE SALE OF ALCOHOL TO INTOXICATED PEOPLE
· We will not sell alcohol to intoxicated people.
· Signage will be displayed in the cellar door area stating the intoxicated people will not be served.
· All staff will be trained in how to recognise the signs of intoxication using the Intoxication Assessment Tool (speech, coordination, appearance, behavior).
· The duty manager will be called if staff need any assistance in assessing whether a person is intoxicated.
· An intoxicated person will be asked to leave the licensed premises.
· When buying alcohol through our website buyers will be asked to confirm that they are not intoxicated immediately before the sale of alcohol is completed.
· We will offer free water with any samples.
· We will not encourage or promote the rapid consumption of alcohol or consumption of an excessive volume of alcohol.
DISPLAY OF OFF LICENCE
· We will display our off licence, host responsibility policy, and duty manager’s name prominently in the cellar door area.
· Our off licence details, including a link to the image of the licence, will be available on our website.
· This host responsibility policy will be available on our website.
We are proud to be a responsible host and hope that you enjoy your visit to Tinker Tailor. Thank you for your support and patronage.
Staff and management